Sanilac ACCESS Crisis Line [24 hours a day]

Please call 1-888-225-4447 or (810) 987-6911 to reach Sanilac CMH (Community Mental Health),  for crisis intervention, and access to information about mental health services 24 hours a day. 

Huron ACCESS Crisis Line [24 hours a day] -
Please call 1-800-356-5568 or (989) 269-9293 to reach Huron Behavioral Health (HBH) for crisis intervention, and access to info about mental health services 24 hours a day​. To request ongoing services from HBH, call 1-888-482-8269 to determine eligibility 

Alanon -

Please visit the website for information about how friends and families of problem drinkers find understanding and support at Al-Anon and Alateen meetings

Anger Management – Sanilac County Health Department
Please call (810) 648-4098

Assistance - Department of Human
Please call (810) 648-4420 for information regarding Medicaid, food stamps, financial and emergency assistance, adult foster care placement, home help, medical transportation, volunteer services, and adult protective service

Assistance – MMAP – Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
Please call (800) 803-7174 to find out more about assistance for Michigan’s older adults and individuals living with disabilities

Assistance – Project Blessing – Food closet, clothing and other emergency help available in:

 Brown City  
(810) 346-3681 
(989) 635-0077
 Carsonville  (810) 657-8833
(810) 648-1988
(810) 359-2045
(810) 672-9101
(810) 376-3020



Change 4 Life (Healthy Lifestyle Support Group) -

A support group designed to fit the pieces together for a healthy lifestyle. Sponsored by Nurse Practitioner, Suzette Walker, and the McKenzie Health and Wellness Center, this free, ongoing, once monthly support group is for anyone desiring a better quality of life in the areas of nutrition, activity, mind and self care through encouraging and informational meetings. For more information, call 810-648-3229. 

Child Advocacy Center - Sanilac County
Please call (810) 648-4098 ext 155 or visit the link aboveto access resources for Parents, Keeping Kids Safe, Signs of Child Abuse, Child Sexual Behavior, Sanilac County Food Distrubution Sites, and the Sanilac County Family Resource Guide

Children's Playgroups- Great Start

For children birth to age 5 and their caregivers! COME, LEARN, PLAY! Register at 810-648-2200 x4109

Disability Services – Blue Water Center for Independent Living -
Please call (810) 648-2555 to speak about services for persons with disabilities of all ages, their families, and the community. Services include advocacy, information & referral, peer support, housing assistance, Nursing Facility transition, youth services and benefit assistance. Support for Veteran families also provides services to very low income veterans who are at risk of becoming homeless or are homeless

Domestic Violence - Eva’s Place
Please call (866) 336-7283 [24 hours a day] to find out more about sheltering and counseling for homeless women and children involved in Domestic Violence. Crisis counseling, information, and referral are provided free of charge

Domestic Violence Hotline (National)­
Please call 1-800-799-7233 to speak confidentially with an advocate if you are experiencing domestic violence, seeking resources or information, or questioning unhealthy aspects of a relationship. Please click here to visit their website for more information

Education – Sanilac County MSU Extension Service -
Please call (810) 648-2515 for information on how MSU helps people improve their lives by bringing the vast knowledge and resources of MSU directly to individuals, communities, and businesses

Elder Care - Human Development Commission
Please call (800) 843-6394 or in Sanilac County call (810) 648-9452 concerning daytime care for older adults and assistance for those who care for them. Available resources are adult day services, caregiver support, chore services, commodity food distribution, foster grandparent and retired senior volunteer programs. Find out about home delivered meals, in-home services, senior dining centers, senior transportation, Thumb Area Senior News, utility assistance, respite care and homemaking services

Employment/Job Training – Michigan Works -
Please call (989) 635-3561 or (989) 635-2230

Food Assistance - Various

There are several locations listed on this page which offer food assistance. Please review information above on the Department of Human Services, Project Blessing, Sanilac County Child Advocacy Center (see their monthly Food Distribution List), and the Human Development Commission websites (all found above)

Legal Services – Lakeshore Legal Aid
Please call (810) 985-5107 for free civil legal advice and services for low income and seniors. Assistance is available for writing a will, power of attorney, dealing with collection agency harassment and housing problems

LGBTIQA+ - PFLAG - Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays -

Learn more about supporting and being helpful to a teen, relative, or friend 

Rape Abuse Incest National
Please call 1-800-656-4673 for support regarding sexual assault, abuse, incest for you or someone you care about

Recovery - AA – Alcoholics Anonymous - local meetings at 
Please call (877) 337-0611 for Alcoholics Anonymous information

Recovery - NA – Narcotics Anonymous - local meetings at
Please call (248) 543-7200 for Narcotics Anonymous information

Recovery – Sanilac County Alcohol and Other Drug Program -
Please call (810) 648-4098

Sanilac County Community Mental Health Hotline -
Please call (888) 225-4447 for the 24-hour access line or visit the website

Suicide Hotline – National Suicide Prevention Line
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for free and confidential support, prevention and crisis resources for yourself or anyone you may be concerned about

Transgender Resources - Transgender

Please visit the website for more information on advocacy, support and education in the state of Michigan to unify and empower transgender and gender non-conformists

Transportation – Sanilac Transportation Corporation – Bus lines
Please call (800) 275-9311 or locally (810) 648-9766 for information about Public Transit, Dial-A-Ride, or special rates county-wide

Veterans – Sanilac County Veterans
Please call (810) 648-0212 to find out more about how this office assists Veterans and their dependents with all benefits they are entitled to under federal, state, and county VA laws